/story/65661/a-hero-s-souvenir-home/toc
A Hero's Souvenir Home | Penana
arrow_back
A Hero's Souvenir Home
more_vert share bookmark_border
info_outline
format_color_text
toc
exposure_plus_1
coins
Search stories, writers or societies
Continue ReadingClear All
What Others Are ReadingRefresh
X
G
Submission Closed
A Hero's Souvenir Home
Sargambelwanshi
Judging: Creator's Pick
Prompt Entries Comments (0)

A Soldier on the front dies in the middle of writing a letter home. It is finished and sent by the man who killed him. 

No word limit. 

No imagination limit. 

No emotions limit. 

No Epoch Boundations.


Example-: 

"There are many times while I am out in the field that I really feel the need to talk to you," 27-year-old 1st Lt. Dean Allen wrote to his wife, Joyce, from Vietnam on July 10, 1967. “Not so much about us but what I have on my mind.” At 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Allen cut an imposing figure, but under his tough exterior was a compassionate, thoughtful officer who genuinely cared for his men. “Being a good platoon leader is a lonely job,” he wrote.

Allen continued the letter the next day:

It got so dark I had to stop last night. …
Writing like that doesn’t really do that much good because you aren’t here to answer me or discuss something. I guess it helps a little though because you are the only one I would say these things to. Maybe sometime I’ll even try to tell you how scared I have been or am now. … Sometimes I really wonder how I’ll make it. My luck is running way to good right now. I just hope it lasts.

Don’t worry about what I have said, these are just things I think about sometimes. I am so healthy I can’t get a day out of the field and you know I’m to damn mean to die. …

Sorry I haven’t written more but the weather is against me. You can’t write out here when it rains hour after hour.
I love you with all my heart.

All my love always, Dean

Four days later, Allen stepped on a land mine. He became one of the more than 58,000 Americans who died in Vietnam.

One of the letters I read recently. This letter ended in a different scenario with different theme. 

But I've provided you the building blocks of the story already (above), which has a unique twist in between, follow your heart, pen down how it feels to live as the selfless protector of the country. 


This is your BattleField!

Show Comments
BOOKMARK
Total Reading Time: 2 minutes
toc Entries
bookmark_border Bookmark Start Reading >
×


Reset to default

X
×
×

Install this webapp for easier offline reading: tap and then Add to home screen.